Sunday, November 2, 2008

Faithful church members in the 88 stakes of Arizona

From Love Mornings 11/2/08


Today was Stake Conference in Mesa. Sunday session was a Regional Conference for the whole state of Arizona. Boyd K. Packer, the President of The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles spoke from the media-chapel, along with Jay E Jensen, Presidency of the Seventy, Bruce C. Hafen of the Seventy, and Margaret Lifferth of the Primary Presidency. All the speakers did a good job speaking directly to all of us in Arizona. Each had personal experiences they had in Arizona.

They spoke of the how hard it was for the early Mormon Settlers, who were called by church leaders to go to Arizona. One wrote, “Everything you touch, stings. Everything you pet, bites. Everything you eat will kill you.” I don’t know what will kill me when I eat it, but I am a witness that most everything in Arizona will sting or bite. Mosquitoes, lime trees, the beautiful bouganvillea plant, and most every desert plant stings or bites, but the most aggravating are the ants in my grass that sting or bite. I think they are fire ants with stingers.

From Love Mornings 11/2/08


Referring to the early Arizona pioneers and their devotion, Elder Hafen asked us if “we are active members or are we consecrated members.” He also spoke on the great faith of the members in Arizona today, and because of their added faith they will be blessed with 3 more Temples. This will make 5 temples that will bless the 88 stakes in Arizona. I too have noticed the strength of the saints here and we are grateful for their love and support.

Ohhh! Like a good Mormon family, we tried a new jello salad. I really like it. It has whole cranberries, crushed pineapple, cubed apples and walnuts in rasberry jello. It is a good one for Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Ouch! Now you have ants infesting the grass we worked so hard for? and a new jello salad...classic!

Kyle said...

Sounds like you had an excellent Stake Conference. We have ours this coming weekend. Isn't there something you can do about those fire ants in grass? Like some ant killer that won't harm the grass? Speaking of grass, it looks like the new winter grass has come up quite nicely. Looks really green!!