Thursday, May 22, 2008

Wet High School Graduation


The 803 students in the graduating class of Mountain View are a tight group... so the principle commented. The cold and rain almost split the class and forced it indoors, but the students wanted to keep it outside. It looked like it was going to stop raining but never did. It stayed cold (54f) and raining till the end. Just 3 days ago it was 109. Funny as that was.

I came home from work early so we could take Melissa out to Macaroni Grill. Aunt Cindy is visiting from Washington State, so we all went to dinner. After dinner we dropped Melissa off at the school early, took photos and went back for blankets, jackets and umbrellas. After the ceremony, I rushed down to the field to her because I felt sorry that she had no umbrella or coat. When I got there she was in good spirits. Her gown was drenched, so she said a blanket would do much good. We took more photos and rushed home so Melissa could have a warm shower and go join the senior class for late night/early Cosmic Bowling. It was an eventful day that we won't forget too soon! We are proud of you Melissa!! You are a sport!
Melissa High School Graduation 5/22/08

1 comment:

Allison said...

That looks nuts!! I cannot believe how wet and cold you all were! Congrats to Melissa!